Wednesday, May 1
8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Breakfast & BIABC AGM
9:00 - 10:00 a.m. Social Issues Panel: A Surrey Perspective - City of Surrey
- Bonnie Burnside, Manager, Downtown Surrey BIA
- Aileen Murphy, Senior Social Planner, City of Surrey
- Trevor Dinwoodie, Staff Sergeant, Surrey RCMP
- Carmen Hall, Manager, BC Housing
- Bailey Mumford, Director of Operations – Fraser Region, Lookout Housing & Health Society
10:00 - 10:30 a.m. Networking Break
10:30 - 11:00 a.m. Future of Urban Mobility - presented by Uber
11:00 - 12:00 p.m. Marijuana: It’s Legal, Now What?
In 2018, Canada officially legalized marijuana. Although it is federal legislation, the provinces and municipalities have responsibilities as well. As we transition into this new reality, what does the legalization of marijuana mean from a regulatory and enforcement perspective and how will it impact our businesses and the community as a whole. This diverse panel will address these issues and discuss the cannabis industry from their unique perspectives.
- Barinder Rasode, CEO, Grow Tech Labs
- Andrew Gordon, Sr. Vice President, Strategic Alliances and Community Engagement, Kiaro
- Kathryn Holm, Chief License Inspector, City of Vancouver