BIABC + IDA Pacific Northwest
Regional Conference 2017
Program / Agenda
Monday April 24th
- Terminal Nicol Reimagined Tour
- Join us for a guided tour of the Terminal Nicol corridor to look at key locations where future improvements are recommended in the Terminal Nicol Re-imagined Plan. We’ll look at what’s there today – and imagine what could be there tomorrow.
- NEW! Downtown Nanaimo Heritage Walks Tour
Join the City of Nanaimo’s Heritage Planner for a walk through time in Nanaimo’s downtown core. Learn about Nanaimo’s long standing downtown revitalization initiative, as well as some of the City’s most important heritage buildings and its evolution from a Hudson’s Bay Company coal town to the diverse and cultural vibrant City it is today.
Harbourfront/Catamaran Tour Tour of downtown Nanaimo’s inner harbour and accompanying islands. Hear about how a collaboration between downtown businesses and tour operators can work to create opportunities for both tourists and businesses alike.
- Downtown Design Charrette Tour
Join David Witty PhD, MRAIC, FCIP, RPP, VIU Provost and Vice-President for an overview and discussion of downtown Nanaimo planning issues and opportunities identified by 80 Architects, during Royal Architecture Institute of Canada’s annual Festival of Architecture in Nanaimo in June 2016.
- Nanaimo at Night
- Indulge your senses at during a self-guided tour of downtown Nanaimo’s live music and island wine & craft brewery scene.
Tuesday, April 25th
- Downtown Nanaimo Heritage Walks Tour
- NEW! Art Walk
Join artist Gerda Hoffman on a tour of the Nanaimo Arts District. This tour will provide insight on how business and artists can work together to create a vibrant draw to a downtown core. Meet the artists, view interesting pieces and enjoy some refreshments along the way.
- Breakout Nanaimo - Downtown!
A fun and challenging activity. Use your expert problem solving skills to find solutions to 6 creative puzzles organized by Breakout Nanaimo! Each solved puzzle leads to the next location. Solve all six and earn a truly unique Nanaimo reward. Participants should wear comfortable shoes for walking!
- Harbourfront/Catamaran Tour
- Nanaimo at Night – No max
- Indulge your senses at during a self-guided tour of downtown Nanaimo’s live music and island wine & craft brewery scene